- Save your Excel as a CSV (Comma delimited) file with three columns: First Name, Last Name, and Email.
- Log into enews.sgs.utoronto.ca/admin
- MailPoet > Lists > New List (Or you can “Create a new list” in step 7.1 below)
- MailPoet > Subscribers > Import
- Cleaning list alert > select “Got it, I’ll proceed to import”
- How would you like to import subscribers? > Upload a file > Choose File (select the file you prepared in step 1) > Next step
- Match data – Match First Name, Last Name, and Email
- Pick one or more list(s) > Select the list you created in step 3, or create a new list
- Set new subscribers’ status to > Subscribed
- Update existing subscribers’ status to > Subscribed
- Update existing subscribers’ information, like first name, last name, etc. > Yes
- Congratulations! You have imported your subscribers.
Note: At some point above (either between steps 6 and 7, or after step 7), you will be able to see if any of your data was not imported. It could be because there are duplicates, or because an email address was input improperly. It’s a good idea to screen capture this and share this back with the SGS Data team, as it means that there are some incorrect ROSI records.